Irwin will publish Citizen on CN p12 CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU Founded 1938 by the Carlisle Council of Social Service; 1982 CAB became independent body CJ p6 CN p15 CN p5 New and enlarged basis - move to Town Hall CN p5 Advice bureau in cash plea CN p17 Cash boost for CAB CN p14 CAB may save your home CN p7 Centre to close for 10,000 expansion ENS p3 (illus) 180,000 lottery boost for city advice bureau CN p1 A piece of Carlisle history (foundation stone) CN p2 CAB spreads to the web CN p1 Manager of Carlisle CAB suspended CN p5 Suspended boss will not be back; Paul Holborn CN p21 Carlisle and District CAB launches website CN p2 Botcherby to get CAB office CN p13 Letter; Cinderella service may be on move again CN p3 Moving to Old Post Office Court CITIZENSHIP CN p3 Patrick Doyle; first citizenship ceremony in Carlisle CITIZENS LEAGUE CJ p1 Citizens League gets under way CN p12 CITY ARMS English Street/ St Cuthberts Lane; in local directories to 1876 CITY CENTRE REDEVELOPMENT see LANES, INNER RING ROAD, OUTER RING ROAD CITY CENTRE ROAD SYSTEM CN p17 CITY CINEMA English Street; opened , closed CJ p6 (illus) CN p10 (illus) CN p4 ENS p1 City picture house - dismantling of sign at closure CJ p4 Opening CJ p7 Opening CN p9 Opening CN p1 Closure CJ p6 (illus) Closure CITY COMMERCIAL HOTEL English Street; in local directories 1873 - 1902/03 CITY COUNCIL see also Council Houses; County Borough Status; Elections; Local government; Mayor; Motto, Poll tax Carlisle is listed as one of the Cities and Boroughs of England and Wales regulated under the Municipal Corporations Act of 1882; City Minutes of 6th January 1913 resolved that application be made for constituting the City as a County Borough within the meaning of the Local Government Act, 1888; Carlisle County Borough Order,1913 came into operation on 1st April 1914; Carlisle Extension Act, 1950 says Whereas the city of Carlisle is a county borough under the government of the mayor, aldermen and citizens of the city of Carlisle.
The section of the Institution which were the sick wards were used more and more for general hospital purposes, and under powers contained in the Public Health Act 1936, the Corporation appropriated this separate building for hosptal purposes and gave it the name the City General Hospital.
Insane sex scenes and really kinky adult fetishes in a wide number of special fuck videos online.
CITADEL (cont) CN p10(Illus of goal) CN p10 CN p8 CN p6 CJ p3 Alterations to gaol City Council Minutes p5 Canon to be placed in Court House gardens City Minutes 1925-6 p552 Reformation of prison site - 2 maps; arches on Englist St CN p10 (illus) Gaol chimney demolished CJ p5 Carlisle landmark CJ p5 Alterations to gaol CN Illustration of in 1855 CJ p8 Goal history CN p10 Escapes CN p10 Escapes CN p12 (illus) Gaol in 1912 CN p12 Escapes CN p16 (illus) Alterations to gaol CN p12 (illus of demolition) Gaol CN p14 Gaol ENS pp4-5 Round towers that guarded the city CN p14 Gaol (illus) CN p6 (illus) History of the Citade; CN p6 Gaol CN p4 Award for restoration work CN p4 Citadel never served its purpose CN p4 New life planed for city landmark CN p1 Cash aid for Citadel CN p5 1.4m needed to restore Citadel CN p16 Courts revamp - thumbs up CN pp1,10 Citadel in line for new development CN p10 Hard times for prisoners CN p10 Twelve strokes of the cato nine tails CN p4 Lottery plan to turn citys courts into a tourist Citadel CN p10 (illus) How public pressure changed citys courthouse scheme CN p6 D Perriam; Smirkes scheme never carried out in full CITADEL CHAMBERS; English St Designs by Oliver and Dodgshun approved in 1903; mock Tudor style; built as Victoria Hotel; taken over by State Management in 1916; 1920 sold to E. Fairnbairn, Cumberland County Council taking up lease also in 1920, becoming owners of the property on , shops at ground level, Counci offices elsewhere CITADEL INN Peascods Lane; in local directory for 1858 CITADEL MOTORS Warwick Road CD 1961- 62 Ad front cover CITADEL PARADE CN pp14-15 Ad feature CITADEL RESTAURANT English St CD 1940 Ad p204 ENS p1 500 snatch CITADEL ROW Mary Bell of Citadel Row, Carlisle died; Stanwix Parish Registers CN p8 (illus) CN p5 Mr Blakeney repairs sewing machines CN p13 Traffic ban in Citadel Row CITADEL STATION see RAILWAYS: CITADELSTATION CITADEL TAVERN English Street; in local directories from 1920; site formerly occupied by the Wellington and Three Crowns See also Annabels, City Diner ENS p1 CN p1 CJ p1 Ghost who came in for a pint CN p1 Reconstruction CJ p15 (illus) Reconstruction ENS p3 Removal threat to the Citadel CJ p3 (illus) As it was in 1918 ENS p6 (illus) Restaurant - new look CN p26 Reconstruction ENS Supplement Birth of a new Citadel CJ pp13-20 Reconstruction CN p2 Reconstruction ENS p7 (illus) Ghost CITADEL TEMPERANCE HOTEL Warwick Road Carlisle the archive photographs p52 photo of hotel at top of Warwick Road CITIZEN NEWSPAPER 1821 - 1827, 1828 - 1833 See Parson and White 1829 p145 See Bulmer 1901 p875 See Newsplan for the Northern Region 1A 072 p267 Round Carlisle Cross Vol 3 The passing of the Citizen in 1831 pp 75-87 CP p2f G.
The passing of the National Health Act in 1946 and the appointment of the Newcastle Regional Hospital Board resulted in both the Institution and the City Maternity Hospital being included in the group of hospitals placed under the control of the East Cumberland Hospital Management Committee whose administrative functions began on 5th July 1948.
The change of control saw the disappearance of the title Fusehill Institution as the building was renamed City General Hospital; schemes of improvment were put in place and a decision to build a geriatric department, the Harston wards, on the Broad Street end of the site was made.